Bekim Maksuti, PhD
April, 2016 – Deputy Minister of Defence of the Republic of Macedonia
2012 – 2015 Institute for Political and International Studies, Skopje R. Macedonia – Deputy Director
2014 – 2015 South East European University, Tetovo, R. Macedonia – Assistant Professor
2014 – 2015 State University of Tetovo, R. Macedonia – Assistant Professor
2013 – 2015 Military Academy “General Mihailo Apostolski,” Goce Delcev University in Shtip, – Assistant Professor. 2011 – 2015 First Private University “FON” – Skopje R. of Macedonia, Instructor, Assistant Professor
2011 – 2015 Military Academy “General Mihailo Apostoloski” – Skopje, Republic of Macedonia, – Assistant Professor
2011 – 2015 Head of the Department for International Cooperation, Ministry of Defense of R. Macedonia
2004 – 2011 Army of the R. Macedonia – Special Operation Regiment, Ranger battalion, Long Range Surveillance Company
2003 – 2004 Army of the Republic of Macedonia – Second Mechanized Infantry Brigade
2001 – 2003 Assistant Professor at University of Tetovo – Republic of Macedonia.
2009 – 2013 Ss. Cyril and Methodius University in Skopje, R. Macedonia,
Institute for Security, Defense and Peace Studies. PhD. in the field of Peace and Development;
- PhD thesis “Impact of the bilateral disputes to the Euro-Atlantic integration of the Western Countries”;
2005 – 2009 Ss. Cyril and Methodius University in Skopje, R. Macedonia, Institute for Security, Defense and Peace Studies. MA in the field of Peace and Development;
MA thesis “UN after Cold War and challenges for Peace Operations”;
1997 – 2001 Military Academy “General Mihailo Apostoloski” – Skopje Republic of Macedonia, Infantry Officer;
1993 – 1997 Middle School – Gymnasium “Cyril Pejçinovic”- Tetovo, Republic of Macedonia;
LANGUAGES AND OTHER SKILLS
• Albanian Native Language;
• Macedonian Academic level– written, spoken;
• English Academic level – written, spoken;
• German Working knowledge – written, spoken;
• Croatian/Serbian Working knowledge – written, spoken
• French Working knowledge – written, spoken.
Computer Literacy: Competent with most Microsoft Office programs and HTML
Conferences and courses: – Attended two high level conferences Security held in Skopje, supported by the Friedrich Ebert Stiftung, 2006-2009.
- Course on International Humanitarian Law,
- Course on Law of Armed Conflicts – INSTRUCTOR,
- Course on Special Forces 2005/10,
- Part of the Peace Operation IRAQI FREEDOM 2005/08 (two missions),
- NATO course IPOC- NATO Defense College 2012,
- Course in DIILS Newport USA,
- Official member of the delegation to the NATO Summits in Chicago and Wells,
- Course on Resource Management – NPS Monterey USA, and many other workshops, conferences, courses, and trainings in the country and abroad.
1. “The future of EU Enlargement: Challenge Call – Western Balkans Countries and Turkey”, Euroacademia, co-author with Ylber Sela PhD, December 2011,
2. “Clausewitz in the spirit and thoughts of contemporary military sciences” – Journal of the MoD of R. Macedonia, “Makedonska Nacionalna Odrana”, No.22, Skopje, December 2011,
3. “Peace Support Operation and Women – Case Study R. Macedonia”, Journal of the MoD, R. Macedonia, Special Edition from conference “Gender Equality”, Skopje, September 2013,
4. “Women’s Network in the Defense – Gender Equality and Security Sector Reforms in Western Balkan”- coauthor with Zhanet Ristoska PhD, monthly journal “SHTIT”, No.49 September 2013,
5. “Opportunities of the West Balkans Countries – where to start”, speech at workshop organized by CEENA, Sarajevo 28.10.2013,
6. “EU vs. NATO between COOPERATION and CLASH on security issues” – MoD journal “Makedonska Nacionalna Odrana”, No.25, Skopje December 2013,
7. “Study about women’s position in the armed forces of the countries from Western Balkan”- Project of UNDP and SEECAC, Belgrade, Podgorica, Sarajevo and Skopje 2014,
8. Interview in monthly MoD journal “SHTIT”, No.54 February 2014,
9. “Wells Summit – NATO back the original idea” – KOHA Daily journal in Republic of Macedonia, 11.September 2014.
10. “First World War: Lessons learned from the Western Europe countries and their implementation to the Balkan region”, Conference organized by Austrian Embassy and ISPN, Skopje, June 2014.
11. Challenge of the European Union’s Energy Security Approach, Academicus
International Scientific Journal, January, Year 2015, Nr. 11, coauthor with Prof. Ylber Sela PhD.
12. “SOCIAL, POLITICAL AND ECONOMIC CHANGE IN THE WESTERN BALKANS” “MANAGING DIVERSITY” – NATIONAL, ETHNIC AND RELIGIOUS DIFERENT IDENTITIES OF THE WESTERN BALKAN COUNTRIES SHOULD NOT BE OBSTACLE FOR EU AND NATO INTEGRATION. “Europe Inspiring” – 19th International Conference of Young Scholars, 2015, Prague.
13. WESTERN EUROPE AND ITS HISTORICAL ENGAGEMENT IN THE BALKANS Mediterranean Journal of Social Sciences MCSER Publishing, Rome-Italy, Vol. 6 No 2 S5 April 201,
14. “WESTERN BALKAN AND SECURITY CHALLENGES”, coauthor with Ylber Sela, Summer School, Sipan Dubrovnik Croatia.
Fond of Classical Music, Pop, Rock and other genres,
Active in sports like alpine climbing, skiing, football, chess, etc.